Frequently Asked Questions
For your lost items, send an e-mail to email@example.com. Tell us what, when and where you have lost your belongings. De Tolhuistuin is a big complex, so at times it might take a while for something to show up. By sending an e-mail we have your personal information and we will inform you when we have found your belongings.
From May till August, the opening times of the garden are:
- Weekdays, open during office hours: 9am-5pm
- Weekends, Saturday and Sunday: 12am-5pm
During opening hours, you are more than welcome to for a stroll, or chill in the garden.
On weekdays you are welcome to bring your computer and join the 'office garden'. On the weekends, the bar is open as well.
Outside these opening hours, there are regular free and paid programs. Keep an eye on the agenda for this.
Café-restaurant THT has a extensive allergy index. If you have a severe allergy, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org so we can discuss with the chef.
For availability from 11 to 40 persons please send an email to email@example.com. For large groups we have a limited amount of seats available that can be book in shifts. From up to 20 guests we served a fixed menu.
For ticket sales please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For concerts organised by Paradiso, you can check the FAQ's on Paradiso's website of call the reception 020 - 626 45 21.
This is possible if you conform to certain conditions: your e-ticket is ready on your smartphone, your screen brightness is set to its highest setting and there are no cracks in your screen.
Concerts in the Garden (Tuin) and Zonzij are usually seated. Concerts in the Club are usually only standing, if seated, it will show on our website.
If you can't stand for too long, please contact email@example.com!
Tolhuistuin has several locations, all of which are wheelchair accessible:
Paviljoen (halls & restaurant)
- Wheelchair spaces are available in the various halls in the Paviljoen (Club, IJzaal, Zonzij, Podcast Workshop, etc.) and in the restaurant.
- The halls on the first floor (Club, Zonzij, IJzaal) are accessible by using the elevator. Unfortunately, a scooter does not fit in there. When you enter Entrance A, IJpromenade 2, on the ground floor, you will find the elevator at the end of the corridor, before the stairs on your left.
- There is a disabled toilet available. You can ask one of our employees to open the door.
- At the ticketing check you can let one of our employees know if you need extra guidance. They will gladly help you.
Tuin & Tuinhuis (garden & garden house)
- The garden is accessible for wheelchairs. The Garden House is also accessible via a wheelchair ramp.
- The toilets in the Garden are not wheelchair accessible, but you can use the toilets in the Pavilion.
- If you need extra guidance, please ask one of our employees, they will be happy to help you.
- There is no parking available at Tolhuistuin, unless you – as a wheelchair user – are a driver yourself. You can get a code from us from a traffic bollard to get close to the entrance to be dropped off there. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes, you can. There is different options for big, medium and small rooms and spaces. Please consult the page ’venue rental’ for further information.
It is very easy to get to de Tolhuistuin by public transport and bike. It is within walking distance from Amsterdam Central Station. You can take the (free) ferry to Buiksloterweg to the north of Amsterdam Central Station.
If you want to come by car, the closest parking spots are at the parking A'DAM Toren. Use the navigational adress: Overhoeksplein 5, 1031 KS. From the parking it is about 150 meters untill the Paviljoen, the main building of de Tolhuistuin. It is also possible to park your car in the city center of Amsterdam at Parking Centrum (Oosterdokstraat 150). From there you will have to take the ferry to Buiksloterweg at the north of Amsterdam Central Station.
For Tolhuistuin program inquiries please contact email@example.com.
You can check if there are any open positions on the page 'jobs'.