Infoal onze programma's zijn in verband met veiligheid PIN ONLY
Pornceptual does Amsterdam
Pornceptual is an art movement encompassing digital media, exhibitions, screenings, club nights and a yearly printed publication. Their vision is to present pornographic art as queer, diverse and inclusive.
Music is at the heart of Pornceptual's events, but they also propose visual experiences like art performances and a cinema room. More private cruising areas are provided so you have the chance to sexually explore yourself.
No Pornceptual night is ever the same, but please abide to the dress code (erotic, fetish & creative outwear) and the no photo policy. Pornceptual's safe space guidelines can be found below.
PORNCEPTUAL'S SAFE SPACE GUIDELINES
Pornceptual is a safe social space. We will not wait for issues of harm to happen but will proactively challenge oppression & hierarchy in everything we do.
Our parties should be inclusive and supportive spaces for all women (trans, intersex and cis) and all non binary, agender and gender variant people. Self-definition is at the sole discretion of that individual. We do not police gender in our spaces. If you are here, it is because you feel that our gender inclusion policy includes you, and therefore you are welcome.
We want to create a community that recognises and challenges the oppression & exploitation that some of us are harmed by, and some of us benefit from.
Some people are survivors of domestic, sexual and state violence. Our community aims to be survivor-centered. We all respond to harmful experiences differently.
1. Consent; Make sure the other person(s) is/are participating freely and readily. You can confirm if you have consent both verbally and by checking the other person’s body language. Someone on drugs or too drunk to make decisions doesn’t have the mental capacity to give consent. Somebody who is asleep or unconscious cannot give consent. Don’t flirt with someone who needs care, ask for help and find the awareness team. Your partner has the right to withdraw their consent at any time using verbal or non-verbal language. Once consent is withdrawn you must stop engaging in sexual activity immediately.
2. Ask, Don’t Asume; Your comfort level - be it certain topics of conversation, violence, nudity, sex, etc. - might be easy for you, but triggering for others. Respect everyone’s identity and background, including pronouns and names. Do not assume anyone’s gender identity, sexual preference, economic status, background, health, etc. There is endless strength and beauty in our differences.
3. Check your privileges; The body & life you’ve been born into might come with specific privileges, but this isn’t universal for all. Take a moment to think about the systems and biases that work in your favor each day. Let’s create healing for others, instead of piling on more suffering. Listen to your POC friends, listen to your trans & non-binary friends. This is not to say that you have not struggled in your own life or experienced many disadvantages, but allow yourself to move beyond your own worldview, in order to try to understand those held by other people.
4. Give Space; Don’t follow, stare, or interrupt; forcing yourself & your opinions onto others is not sexy. Some of us just wanna dance & escape, not cruise or mingle. If your advances go unreciprocated, don’t take the rejection personally, simply move on. We should all take on the responsibility of being caring bystanders, not just in our spaces, but in our day-today. If you witness aggressive sexual advances or racist/transphobic comments, step in and personally intervene in a non-confrontational way.
5. Calling out; if you have acted or spoken harmfully, even if unintentionally, someone will bring this up with you. If this happens, listen and reflect on what they are saying also if you think they may be wrong. Don’t try to absolve yourself of responsibility.
6. Learning; if you don’t understand something, just ask. We are each responsible for our learning and if we feel able, for sharing it with others.
7. Community Accountability; When we work together in this radical and transformative way, we are creating the change we wish to see in the world.
aanbevolen voor jouaanbevolen voor jouaanbevolen voor jouaanbevolen voor jou